I don’t care what anyone says, there are pros and cons to everything in life. The beauty of it all is determining the weight of those pros and cons in order to make your informed decision. This applies with working from home. Some will tell you more Pros, or Cons based on their experience, or based on thin air honestly. I’ll share with you my Pros and Cons, since I’ve been working from home for almost ten years I think I have a good foot hold on this subject.
I will organize these in a list format to make it easier to follow.
- I get to travel less than 30 seconds to my office.
- I use less gas
- I spend the day with my spouse everyday (Could be a Con depending on your relationship :D)
- I live where I work which for me is very peaceful and full of nature
- I don’t have to interface with people daily face to face
- Food is always readily available
- I’m able to multitask easier
- I have more contact with my personal surroundings
- My comfort level is a lot higher since I’m at home
Now for the Cons:
- I stay inside a lot, which isn’t good unless you’re active outside of work
- Although I love my home, at times my surroundings do get a bit monotonous
Honestly those are my two top Cons I can think of. Now it is true that other will have more or less for each. In the end it all comes down to your personal experiences, and how you see the world. But overall working from home, or telecommuting, can yield good things for most.
For 100% Telecommuting jobs, check out our Job board Site.
And for partial Telecommuting jobs, check out our sister site.